Why the hell WP7?
- It's not an OpenSource Device.
- It has an restricted Marketplace like iOS and Android.
- The developer tools are nice (Visual Studio 2010 Express WP7 Edition) and they include a nice gui Editor and of couse XNA.
- It's Cross-Plattform (Xbox360, Windows, WP7) using .NET and C# and i like C# or Mono.
- WP7 are the cheapest Smartphones :), i got my LG Optimus 7 for ~170 Euro.
The Design Document is in the work, but for now i can say i want to a Mix of "Cut the Rope (iOS)", "Marbles" and "Mario".
Currently i'm using sprites from LostGarden. But hey they are free to use and for my kind of game they are perfect.
Now some screenshots:
and see you next time when i'm writing about the game mechanics and Microsoft AppHub.